ABOUT NORTHERN BEACHES AGED CARE ADVICE
Navigating the aged care maze is not straight forward; making the best choice is often complex as it is difficult to understand how the various options may affect you. Too many people make poor choices and uninformed decisions about aged care because they have not had the opportunity to understand their options.
Do you need help now? Contact us for a fast-tracked plan that can assist in defining your aged care needs and benefits including the various options available to you.
There are several factors to take into consideration when thinking about your need for aged care.
- The question is not if but when as 68% of women and 48% of men will live to an age where they require some level of aged care in their remaining lifetime.
- Currently 80% of care is provided by informal carers such as family or friends but changing workforce attitudes will mean that this option will become less available.
- Early preparation is the key, as even under ideal circumstances, waiting lists for assessments and placement can take many months.
- Planning ahead can minimise the emotional fallout that can arise from tension between various family members.
Some questions you may want to ask yourself when considering what aged care planning could mean for you or your loved ones:
- What sort of aged care facility might you want if it became necessary?
- What level of care do you need and how likely is it that your needs will grow in the future?
- What are the steps to moving into residential aged care?
- How can you minimise any family tensions that often arise over aged care?
- How might these decisions impact your immediate family such as your spouse or children?
- How would you pay for aged care?
- How much do you understand about the payment system for aged care?
- How can you optimise your eligibility to qualify for government subsidy?
- What impact would selling the family home have for you? Do you need to or would renting it out be more appropriate?
- How can the complex aged care payment system be structured to benefit you?
- How can you obtain the information you need to make an informed decision about your aged care needs?
We can help remove all the stress and anxiety that these and other questions create and are available to support and help you navigate your options in a clear and methodical manner.